- A sustained tailor-made campaign should be conducted to make people aware about the beneficial nutritional aspects of millets and consumption of which will enhance the demand for these crops.
- Nutrition is directly linked to human resource development, productivity and ultimately to the nation’s growth, millets being highly nutritional this should be made part of daily staple food across all government/aided social welfare school hostels, colleges etc…
- Make millet food as part of the menu of all the recently launched welfare schemes like subsidized breakfast / meal for urban poor thru various government departments.
- Introduce millet food into Mid-day meal, Integrated Child Development Scheme.
- Train Self Help Groups (SHG) in making millet based traditional Ready to Eat (RTE) snacks like Muruku, Laddu, Kurkure etc and help them market and sale these products in II & III tier cities
- Provide opportunity to carry forward awareness campaign in all government departments.